Kitchen quickie: Twenty-minute scones recipe from Cafe Pico Express.
50g margarine or butter
225g wholemeal self-raising flour
25g demerara sugar
Plain yogurt to mix
1. In a big bowl, mix butter into the flour and sugar. Toss in the raisins and continue to mix.
2. Add enough yogurt to make a fairly firm dough.
3. Turn the mixture out onto a floured board and knead lightly. Make two large portions of the dough or cut into 2-inch rounds.
4. Put each round in a tray lined with butter paper. Bake in hot oven for 15 minutes at 210°C.
5. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
6. Cut into slices and serve.
|< Prev||Next >|