Succulent lamb in a spicy, coconut-y curry from the kitchen of new Pan-Asian restaurant, Umame. Delish!
1.5 kg lamb
500 ml coconut cream
50 gms fresh red chillies
1 clove garlic
1 small piece of ginger
25 gms basil
Oil for frying
Few curry leaves
1 tsp coriander seeds
1 tbsp tamarind pulp
Salt and pepper, to taste
Basil leaves and short stalks of lemon grass for garnish
1. Boil the meat, drain the stalk and keep it aside.
2. Dry roast chilies, garlic and ginger in a pan. Blend into a fine paste. Puree the basil separately.
3. In a flat-bottomed vessel, heat some oil. Add curry leaves and then add the chilli paste. Fry the paste over low heat and then add the coconut cream, stalk, basil puree and tamarind pulp. Simmer the curry for 10 minutes. Check seasonings.
4. Garnish with more basil leaves and sliced lemon grass.
5. Serve with steamed or sticky rice.
|< Prev||Next >|