Thumbs up to this crunchy chilli fingers recipe from F Lounge.Diner.Bar, Lower Parel.
For the chilli fingers
20 ml oil
10 g chopped onion
10 g chopped garlic
10 g chopped ginger
10 g chopped green chilli
1 tsp turmeric powder
150 g fresh corn kernels, blanched
25 g boiled potatoes
salt to taste
80 g corn flour
20 g refined flour
30 g corn flakes
For the relish
10 ml oil
10 g tomatoes (cut into bruniose)
10 ml tomato ketchup
10 ml Tabasco sauce
10 ml vodka
½ tsp salt
To make the chilli fingers
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add onion and sauté till translucent.
2. Add garlic, ginger and green chillies and sauté for two minutes.
3. Add turmeric powder, corn and boiled potatoes, and mix well. Season well.
4. Remove the mixture from heat and let it cool.
5. Once it’s cooled, mould the mixture into small fingers.
6. Roll each fingers into a slurry made of cornflour, flour and water. Then crumb them with crushed cornflakes, and pass each through on bamboo skewers.
To make the relish
1. Heat oil in a sauce pan. Cook the tomatoes till they soften.
2. Add tomato ketchup, Tabasco and seasoning and cook for five minutes. Keep it aside to cool.
3. Pour in the vodka and stir well.
4. Serve the relish with the skewered fingers.
|< Prev||Next >|