(Clockwise, from top left)
1. My mother's typewriter, which i'll keep forever. The bb, though, will be replaced with a younger model as soon as financially feasible.
2. (In above mentioned typewriter), the first high school English essay I got an A on. Mr Menon was a hard sell.
3. Clay sailboat from Santorini, tattoo inspiration.
4. Kickboxing gloves for the street fights I'm bound to get into.
5. Enid Blytons, my oldest, dearest books.
6. Ipod, because a little dancing helps a lot.
7. Good jewelry. I'm not being sentimental here, these can be hawked for some serious cash.
8. Receipt from Buttercup Bakery in New York for a much-deserved cupcake at 9.43 am on February 18, 2011. That was a good morning.
9. Sequined skirt. Because what else would you wear while escaping a fire?
10. Keys to my cousin's home in Queens, NY. Haven for when I get into trouble or need to do laundry or you know, burn my house down.
11. Kanika Parab's pink flask, which can store an astonishing amount of alcohol. Reminder of good times and remedy for bad.
12. Poker chip from Macau, the best birthday trip ever. Thanks, Poppy!
13. Dinky cab and letter that went a long way in dispelling homesickness. I'm hoping it'll help this time around, too.